Saturday, March 21, 2009

Arika, Patrick, George and my Mom came up today to say goodbye... and to help me celebrate turning 21. I had a great visit with them, but never feel like our visits are long enough. I wish I knew them better than I do. They are great about sharing their lives with me, but I miss all the important details it seems like. I'm just proud of them, and proud that I am from the family that I am.

The closer we get to leaving, the more my heart aches knowing the length of time I will go without seeing my family.

I am so excited to embark on this next adventure, and I love Nick with every ounce of myself, I know that great things are ahead for us... But it's still unfair to have to say goodbye to my siblings who I love so very very much.

It kills me to know how much I am missing, I really think being the oldest is unfair. I feel such a strong bond to them, but I worry that they don't really know me. I've taken for granted having them so close, I should have spent more time with them. They are such amazing kids, and they grow so much each time I see them... They really are my inspiration in life.

Growing up is hard.

Tomorrow I turn 21. We leave for Alaska on the 31st. We planned out our route yesterday, and it looks like we will be headed through Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Seattle, and eventually Canada. I can't explain how excited I am for the future. I'm happy to say that I am proud of where I am in my life. I have always had big plans, and I feel like I have accomplished many of my goals, and seen countless numbers of my dreams come true. I have really been blessed, and I owe my success to my family, and all that they have taught me, and the support they continue to give.

I will be blogging all along the way, I can't let any of the memories of our adventures me lost! So keep checking in... hopefully there will be pictures too. I hear I'm in for some serious beauty along the way!

I love you all!

1 comment:

~Sabrina~ said...

Jen, you're so cute :) and the greatest office manager ever!